Life is all about lessons and learning and it has its own pretty ways of imparting wisdom in us. It’s difficult to figure out what is the meaning and reason behind things every time. There are certain ways, the hard ways the lessons are learnt. The impeccable manner in which the mysteries of life are unfolded. Undoubtedly, there is no teacher like the time is. With each passing moment we learn so many things. We grow with each passing minute of life. A day can make a huge difference and definitely, so does a year. We are never the same person we all used to be a year ago.
For me 2017 has been a great year full of amazing life lessons. Here are some lessons I learnt. I hope you will be able to relate to at least few of them.
1. Never ignore your intuition: Words can lie. Actions can lie, but your intuitions can never lie. If your gut feeling is telling you to not to trust a certain person or not to do a certain thing. Never do that.
2. Home is a feeling: Home is not a word, it will never be just a word. It is a feeling. A place you can always come back to reconnect with yourself and find that lost peace and strength.
3.Your parents will always believe in you: Sometimes even they do panic, they can be harsh sometimes because they love you and always want the best for you. Try to make them understand things with all your heart they will always understand.
We all are learning and growing with time. They are also getting old with time. They may not say anything but they need you and they do believe in you.
5. You can’t force feelings: You can’t force emotions and feelings neither on yourselves nor on anyone else. People will stay with you as far as it is convenient for them and as long as they want to. Let them go. Don’t let them fool you. Don’t believe the words but do believe the conviction in their eyes.
4. Nothing is permanent: Nothing is permanent in this world. Neither happiness and nor your sorrows. Feelings also change. Even the nicest people can hurt you. Forgive them and above that forgive yourself for letting them hurt you. You too are a human and can make mistakes.
5. Acceptance is the key: The sooner you accept things the lesser you get paralyzed by emotions and circumstances. There are situations which just need acceptance and nothing else.
6. Balance is required: It is good if you are an emotional person but it is necessary to be practical in life. Don’t get blindsided by the emotions. They do make us human but have the power to break us as well.
8. Live with no regrets: Live with no regrets and love with no regrets. What’s done is done, it can’t be undone. So, stop lamenting and work, prepare yourself for better things in life.
9. Heartbreaks are necessary: Yes, they are necessary to make you understand your inner self and to make you wise. The love you have for others is your strength. Love is never a weakness. Gather strength from it and forgive them.
10. Keep your morals high and your standard higher: Stop wasting your time on people who don’t care for you. They don’t deserve your heart. Wait for someone who you will vibe with, who will meet your emotional standards and will help you grow. Don’t lower your standards for anyone.
11: Love yourself: The last and the most important lesson i.e. self love. You always ignore the most important person that is yourself. Love yourself and accept yourself the way you are. Make yourself a damn priority because people out there won’t and you are important. You do make a change in this universe.
I hope your 2017 was as encouraging as mine was. I wish you all a very happy and successful new year.